Thursday, December 20, 2012

Announcements

To my readers: As a mother of a seven-year-old and a five-year-old, my heart continues to ache for the families who lost their babies in Newtown, Connecticut last week.  Suddenly, planning family vacations to Disney World seems so unimportant, and blogging about our trips seems self-serving at the moment.  In light of the tragedy, and with the holidays quickly approaching, I have decided to postpone this week's blog post.  I plan to publish one more post this month between Christmas and New Year's Day and then return to my regular weekly posts during the week of January 7th.

In the meantime, I have decided to donate at least 10% of the proceeds from my Disney vacation planning services during the months of December and January to the Sandy Hook School Support Fund set up by the United Way of Western Connecticut.  They have pledged to forgo any service fees that would normally be applied to donations; in other words, all funds will go directly to the people of Newtown in an effort to help them rebuild their school and heal their town.  If you are interested in donating, you can find them at https://newtown.uwwesternct.org/.

As always, thank you for reading, and Happy Holidays. 

Warmly,

Meredith McCutcheon

No comments:

Post a Comment